If you are experiencing dull, burning, sharp or cramping pain associated with urination, bowel movement or sexual intercourse you may be suffering from pelvic pain.
Whether your pain is acute or chronic it is important to have it diagnosed and appropriately treated. Pelvic pain can be caused by a variety of underlying conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, adhesions and chronic bladder infection. It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the pain.
Diagnosis of Pelvic Pain
At the London Pain Clinic our doctors understand the causes of pain in the pelvic area. We can offer:
- An expert assessment with one of our consultants in pain medicine
- A full medical history including detailed analysis of your pain
- Please be aware that if you are coming to see our Consultants regarding pelvic pain, our Consultants will not be undertaking an intimate, internal examination as they are able to diagnose this condition on the basis of self verbal report only.
- Any appropriate radiological investigations including MRI, CT and ultrasound scans
- Our expert second opinion service.
Treatment of Pelvic Pain
If left untreated, chronic pelvic pain can lead to psychological distress including anxiety and depression. At the London Pain Clinic we are experts in helping people put their pelvic pain behind them. We can offer you:
- A full explanation of your pain
- Individual treatment planning
- Multidisciplinary treatment
- Access to the latest analgesic medications
- Multimodal analgesia
- Hypogastric plexus blocks
- Hypogastric plexus pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Ganglion of impar blocks
- Ganglion of impar pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Pudendal nerve blocks
- Pudendal nerve pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Specialist pelvic physical therapy.
Don’t let pelvic pain rule your life. At the London Pain Clinic we manage countless numbers of patients with pelvic discomfort. To begin your recovery, make an appointment with our pain specialists by calling 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.