Knee pain can be very uncomfortable and disabling for the patient.
Over time, if left untreated, it can lead to progressively severe pain, leg muscle weakness and worsening mobility. This can lead to frustration, depression and weight gain. As we get older, the knee joint undergoes increasing wear and tear changes or arthritis with thinning and irregularity of the cartilage lining the knee joint and a reduction in the volume of synovial fluid within the joint. Other causes of knee pain include inflammation of the soft tissue structures surrounding the joint including tendons, ligaments and muscles.
Diagnosis of Knee Pain
At the London Pain Clinic, our specialist pain doctors know how the symptoms of knee pain can vary between patients. We can offer you:
- A full assessment with one of our consultants in pain medicine
- A complete medical history focusing on your knee pain
- A thorough examination of your knees
- Relevant investigations including MRI scans and x rays
- Our renowned second opinion service.
Treatment of Knee Pain
You may be relieved to know that surgery is not the only type of treatment available for knee pain. Treatment begins with the right diagnosis. Once the underlying cause for your knee pain has been accurately identified, treatment can be targeted. At the London Pain Clinic we can offer:
- A full explanation of your knee pain
- Personalised treatment plans
- Multidisciplinary treatment and pain management
- Access to the latest analgesic medication
- Intra-articular injection treatment with steroid
- Intra-articular injection treatment with Hyaluronic Acid including Synvisc and Durolane
- Specialist orthopaedic physical therapy
- Surgical consultation, where indicated.
An accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan for your knee pain are the first steps to getting you back on track. At the London Pain Clinic we are experts in helping patients overcome their knee pain. To begin your recovery, please call us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.