If you are experiencing dull, burning, sharp or cramping pain associated with menstruation or sexual intercourse you may be suffering from gynaecological pain.
Whether your pain is acute or chronic it is important to have it diagnosed and appropriately treated. Gynaecological pain can be caused by a variety of underlying conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, adhesions and infective causes. It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the pain.
Diagnosis of Gynaecological Pain
To ensure a proper diagnosis, pain doctors at the London Pain Clinic offer:
- A detailed medical history focusing on your gynaecological pain
- Please be aware that if you are coming to see our Consultants regarding gynaecological pain, our Consultants will not be undertaking an intimate, internal examination as they are able to diagnose this condition on the basis of self verbal report only.
- Schedule relevant investigations including MRI and ultrasound scans performed by our consultant radiologists
- Access to specialist gynaecologists with a special interest in gynaecological pain
- Second opinion service.
Treatment of Gynaecological Pain
Your London Pain Clinic doctor will work with you to provide the optimum treatment plan for your pain. They will make sure you are completely comfortable with the process and answer all of your questions. At the London Pain Clinic we offer:
- A personalised treatment plan for your pain
- Access to the latest analgesic medication
- Access to multimodal analgesia
- Hypogastric plexus blocks
- Hypogastric plexus pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Ganglion of impar blocks
- Ganglion of impar pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Pudendal nerve blocks
- Pudendal nerve pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Specialist pelvic physical therapy.
The first step to successful treatment of gynaecological conditions causing pain requires an accurate diagnosis. Make an appointment today by calling us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.