The assessment and treatment of pain is our specialism as Consultants in Pain Medicine. We offer a wide range of pharmacological treatments, minimally invasive pain management procedures, pain psychology and physical therapy, or often an appropriate combination of two or more of these options, to treat patients.
The first step would be to see your consultant for a 30 minute initial consultation and assessment, following which he would make recommendations as to which treatment approach(es) would be most appropriate. The cost of the initial consultation is £275, which includes an assessment and a multi stage treatment plan, so we can immediately let you know the costs of all treatment recommendations once you’ve been assessed.
Please note that this appointment and the fee paid does not include any treatment and/or investigations. Please be aware that if you are coming to see our Consultants regarding vulvodynia or similar conditions, our Consultants will not be undertaking an intimate, internal examination as they are able to diagnose this condition on the basis of self verbal report only.
If you would like to go ahead and book an appointment, please telephone us on 0207 118 0250 or complete our online contact form with the following information:
- Full name and postal address
- Date of birth
- Home and mobile telephone numbers
- GP details – IMPORTANT: please note that all London Pain Clinic patients must provide details of their primary care doctor, so that we can liaise with them regarding your treatment and care. This is mandatory and clinic policy.
- Whether you are being referred or are self-referring
- Whether you are insured or self-funding
- If insured, please ensure that you have the name of your insurance company, policy number and authorisation code for the consultation at the point of booking
- If self-funding please telephone us on 0207 118 0250 as we will need to take a card payment for your initial consultation
Our Consultants are available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for consultations. Please note that as availability changes constantly it is wise to call us rather than email to enquire about appointments.
Once we have made your appointment and taken payment or your insurance pre authorisation, we will email you confirmation of your consultation together with a link to our online pain questionnaire for you to complete online prior to your appointment.
Pre-completion of our comprehensive pain questionnaire enables your consultant to spend maximum time with you on assessment and discussion, having already compiled your medical history. You will have ample time during your half hour initial assessment to ask your Consultant any questions.
Your Consultant will state in your clinic letter when he would like to review you again – the cost of a follow up consultation is £150 and this is a 15 minute appointment.