Head and Face Pain
It is common for people to suffer from occasional head pain, including headaches or face pain from a sinus infection. However, it is less common for people to suffer from ongoing severe bouts of head and face pain or craniofacial pain.
Otherwise healthy people can become victims of relentless head and face pain for a number of reasons. Constant headaches, eye pain, facial pain or stiff neck and shoulder muscles may be a cause for concern, as they can be symptoms of an underlying condition. Common causes include:
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Occipital neuralgia
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Cervical pain
- Atypical facial pain
- Facial neuropathic pain
Diagnosis for Head and Face Pain
Doctors at the London Pain Clinic use the latest medical advancements to ensure that the source of your pain is correctly identified. We offer:
- A full assessment with a consultant in pain medicine
- A detailed history concentrating on your head and face pain
- A thorough head and facial examination
- Investigations with high resolution MRI scanning, x rays and ultrasound scans with experienced consultant radiologists to pinpoint the source of your pain
- Our second opinion service.
Treatment for Head and Face Pain
At the London Pain Clinic we understand that each patient may have a different experience of pain and requires their own specially tailored care. As a patient with the London Pain Clinic you will be consulted every step of the way to ensure you are comfortable with your treatment. At the London Pain Clinic you can expect:
- A full explanation of your head and face pain
- An individual treatment plan
- Access to the latest analgesic medications
- A range of minimally invasive pain management procedures
- Botulinum Toxin A (Botox) treatment
- Pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Peripheral electrical nerve stimulation (PENS) treatment
- Surgical options, if indicated.
With the right diagnosis and tailored treatment plan, your head and face pain can be significantly improved. At the London Pain Clinic we are specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with head and face pain. To begin your recovery, please call us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.