Minor aches and pains are, for the most part, a normal experience. Everyone at some point will experience sore muscles or joints, but when your body pain becomes long lasting it may be a cause for concern.
There are certain medical conditions and injuries that can cause body pain to manifest. This can result in total all over body pain ranging from mild, short lived bursts to severe and long lasting pain. This type of severe pain can impair your ability to do simple everyday tasks and, if left untreated, can easily become debilitating. The commonest causes of body pain include fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome.
Diagnosis of Body Pain
With so many possible causes, it is important to take your body pain seriously. It is just as important to ensure that you have your symptoms considered by expert doctors. Pain doctors at the London Pain Clinic are experts at working with patients who experience different types of body pain. When you book an appointment with us, rest assured you will receive:
- A detailed medical history focussing on your pain
- A thorough clinical examination
- Rapid radiological investigations including MRI and ultrasound scans with our experienced consultant radiologists
- Relevant blood tests
- Our popular second opinion service.
Treatment of Body Pain
We understand that every patients experience of pain is different, which is why we take a consultative approach to your care. You will be involved every step of the way in your own treatment plan and are encouraged to ask as many questions as you need. We offer:
- A personalised treatment plan
- Multidisciplinary treatment
- Access to the latest analgesic medications
- Specialist pain physical therapy
- Trigger point injections with Cortisone
- Trigger point injections with Botulinum Toxin A (Botox)
- Pulsed radiofrequency to trigger points.
An accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for your pain are the first steps to getting you back to a healthy, pain free life. To begin your recovery, please call us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.