If you have suffered with neck pain, you know how debilitating it can be. Aside from stiff muscles that can have you reaching for pain killers, this condition can make the smallest cough or sneeze painful and deprive you of a good night’s sleep.
Sadly, patients with neck pain are often misdiagnosed and may be given the wrong advice and treatment as a result. This means that the problem can get worse over time, leaving you with persistent pain and a reduction in head and neck mobility. In the majority of cases, patients can be treated effectively and move on to happy, pain free lives, but the right help is needed. In the case of ongoing neck pain, the only real answer is to see a specialist pain doctor.
Diagnosis of Neck Pain
Getting the right diagnosis is crucial for the successful treatment of neck pain. At the London Pain Clinic, our pain specialists specialise in diagnosing the cause of your pain. With us you can expect:
- A full assessment by a consultant in pain medicine
- A detailed medical history, focusing on your neck pain
- A thorough examination of your head, neck and upper back
- High resolution MRI scans and x-Rays performed by experienced consultant radiologists
- Our renowned Second Opinion Service.
Treatment of Neck Pain
We understand that every patient is unique and requires a different approach to their treatment. Doctors at the London Pain Clinic work closely with you to ensure all your symptoms are understood. Patients are encouraged to ask as many questions as they need. We can provide you with:
- A full explanation of your neck pain.
- Personalised treatment plans.
- Access to the latest anti-inflammatory and analgesic medications used in the treatment of neck pain.
- Specialist physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Cervical facet joint blocks.
- Cervical facet joint radiofrequency denervation (RF) treatment.
- Cervical epidurals.
- Paravertebral and trigger point Botulinum Toxin A (Botox) treatment.
- Surgical consultation, where indicated.
Effective treatment begins with expert diagnosis. At the London Pain Clinic we are specialised in the diagnosis and treatment of neck pain and have helped countless numbers of patients to achieve pain free lives.
To begin your recovery, please call us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.