The shoulder joint is the most moveable joint in your body, but also the most unstable.
Shoulder pain can be agonising with many possible underlying causes for the pain, including rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, bursitis, frozen shoulder, arthritis and sprains. If you are experiencing increasing pain and reduced movement and function in your shoulder joint, make an appointment with a specialist pain doctor at the London Pain Clinic.
Diagnosis of Shoulder Pain
Don’t leave painful shoulders untreated. At the London Pain Clinic we can offer you:
- A full assessment by an expert pain doctor
- A medical history including a detailed shoulder pain history
- A complete physical examination of your shoulders
- Relevant investigations including MRI scans and x rays with our consultant radiologists
- Our trusted second opinion service.
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Effective shoulder pain treatment depends on the underlying cause. Doctors at the London Pain Clinic take a consultative approach to your treatment and will involve you every step of the way. At the London Pain Clinic we offer:
- A full explanation of your pain
- A personal treatment plan
- Access to the latest analgesic medications
- Intra-articular steroid injections
- Intra-articular Hyaluronic Acid injections including Synvisc and Durolane
- Local trigger point injections
- Suprascapular nerve blocks
- Suprascapular nerve pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Botulinum Toxin A (Botox) treatment
- Specialist shoulder physical therapy.
To start you on the road to recovery for your shoulder pain, make an appointment with the London Pain Clinic today by calling us on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.