Weight Loss – A Synopsis of the Most Effective Methods
Today, the nerve-tingling, cutthroat competition in every sphere of life has left the common man hapless in the face of a series of health disorders, obesity being the most common.
Research shows that almost 50 million Americans go on a diet each year, with only 5 percent being able to keep the weight they lose off.
Experts suggest a judicious combination of the below three in order to tailor a result-oriented, easy to follow weight loss plan:
- Correct resistance exercise
- Appropriate cardiovascular exercise
- Proper nutrition
Weight Loss Methods
The most effective forms include:
- Water aerobics
For your exercise regimen to have the desired effect, it is important that you keep the following in view:
- Your starting weight is a factor. For instance, if you weigh less than 154 pounds, the caloric burn is proportionately less.
- Exercise machines such as a treadmill diminishes the number of calories being burnt by about 15 percent of what the machine specifies.
- Duration and intensity of physical activity also determine how much fat you burn.
- Type of activity that you follow makes a difference. Induce variety into the types of activities you follow.
- Know that your body is different from that of others. Do not compare the pace at which you lose weight as against other, even if you use the same weight loss methods.
- Gender also influences the pace of weight loss. Women tend to burn more fat under the skin but have a hard time losing abdominal fat.
Dieting is strictly defined as the practice of eating and drinking in a regulated fashion to achieve a particular, short-term objective. Here we list some quick facts:
- When you diet without exercising, you lose both muscle and fat, which is counterproductive.
- A starvation diet leads to weight gain in teens.
- Create a calorie deficit. Burn more calories than you consume.
- If you choose to follow a professional diet plan, first analyze the structure of the same. A good diet plan should offer all types of nutrients in balance, except calories.
- Occasionally, straying away from a strict diet plan does no harm, provided you come back on track soon.
Diet pills are apparently the easiest and most convenient method of weight loss. A few examples include:
- Adipex, Ionamin, Meridia, Phentermine, Tenuate, Xenical
- Herbalife nutritional program
- Mega-thin/100 Formula
- Ultra Slim Fast
- Nestlé’s Sweet Success
- Glucomannan and Chitosan supplements
However, experts suggest the below:
- Taking a pill might keep your weight less, but your physical body will not remain healthy and strong.
- Many pills have long lasting side effects and need to be taken carefully.
Yoga is being widely accepted as one of the most effective methods for weight loss. However, research indicates that the yogic exercises tend to take off more in inches than it does in terms of pounds.
The last few years have seen the emergence of a series of surgical weight loss methods. A few of these include liposuction, intragastric balloon systems, mini gastric by-pass, ‘tummy tucks’ and so on.
Moderation and balance are the watchwords for effective weight loss programs. For your body to respond, as you want it to, it is important that you tailor a weight loss regimen as per your own system and set realistic and practical expectations from yourself.