Ilioinguinal, Iliohypogastric and Genitofemoral Neuralgia
Ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric and genitofemoral neuralgia are amongst the most severe forms of nerve or neuropathic pain affecting the groin.
You may experience sharp, burning, stabbing, excruciating groin pain as a result. These conditions are also associated with extreme hypersensitivity to the local skin, which may be painful to the touch.
Diagnosis of Ilioinguinal, Iliohypogastric and Genitofemoral Neuralgia
At the London Pain Clinic we offer:
- A comprehensive diagnostic service with our specialist consultant pain doctors
- A complete medical history focussing on your pain
- A thorough physical examination
- Relevant investigations including MRI and ultrasound scans with our experienced consultant radiologists
- Our renowned second opinion service.
Treatment of Ilioinguinal, Iliohypogastric and Genitofemoral Neuralgia
It is important to consult with a specialist pain doctor in order to ensure a proper diagnosis. Doctors at the London Pain Clinic are specialists in neuropathic pain and understand the clinical features associated with ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric and genitofemoral neuralgia. Following the correct diagnosis, they will be able to give you targeted treatment and provide you with pain relief. At the London Pain Clinic you can expect:
- A full explanation of ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric and genitofemoral neuralgia
- An individual treatment plan
- Access to the latest antineuropathic medications
- Topical and oral antineuropathic medications
- Ilioinguinal nerve blocks and pulsed radiofrequency treatment
- Iliohypogastric nerve blocks and pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Genitofemoral nerve blocks and pulsed radiofrequency (PRF) treatment
- Peripheral Electrical Nerve Stimulation (PENS) treatment
- Quetenza (high concentration Capsaicin) treatment
- Self help techniques
- Desensitisation exercises.
To begin your recovery from pain, please call the London Pain Clinic on 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic.