Hip Osteoarthritis (OA)
If you’re experiencing a stiff hip every morning you may not know what to do.
In the past, your stiffness has always found relief through rest but lately your hip just seems to get worse. Millions of people across the globe also suffer from stiffness or discomfort in their thigh, groin, or buttocks that seems to settle in while they’re sleeping. These symptoms could be from the condition of Hip Osteoarthritis. Found most often in the obese, elderly and those with a family history of the disease, Hip Osteoarthritis can also afflict those without any of the traditional risk factors. If you’ve ever had any type of injury to your hip, this too may cause the condition of Hip Osteoarthritis to develop and progress over time. If you are suffering pain flares from normal activity that tend to subside when you rest, it is time to visit a specialist. The London Pain Clinic offers complete care packages to get you back to your best – fast.
Diagnosis for Hip Osteoarthritis (OA)
Hip Osteoarthritis is a condition that only worsens over time and if left undiagnosed can become agonizing and debilitating, since you are no longer able to complete simple movements such as flexing, rotating or extending your hip. If you try to avoid aggravating the hip with less activity, the muscles that control your hip area will only become weakened, resulting in a limp. Here at the London Pain Clinic, we are experts in tackling Hip Osteoarthritis and when you come to us:
- Your doctor will compile your complete medical history to determine factors that could be the cause of your Hip Osteoarthritis
- You will then receive a thorough clinical examination
- X-Rays are often required to ensure an accurate diagnosis. In this instance you will receive fast appointments that are made at convenient times for you
- If you’re unsure of your last diagnosis, make an appointment with the trusted specialists at the London Pain clinic for a second opinion.
Treatment for Hip Osteoarthritis (OA)
The disease of Hip Osteoarthritis is a serious one and should not be left untreated. It is important to see a pain specialist as soon as possible. At the London Pain Clinic, doctors can use the latest technology and expert medical advancements to determine the level of your disease and work with you to find an appropriate treatment plan.
- Treatment for the condition of Hip Osteoarthritis normally includes a combination of medication and lifestyle changes
- Your London Pain Clinic doctor will work with you to determine the most effective medications for your specific condition
- Your doctor will also help create positive lifestyle changes that will be a part of your ongoing treatment plan
- The latest in analgesic medications are available to patients
- Patients can also utilize our specialist pain physiotherapy for those with chronic conditions of hip osteoarthritis
- In the event of surgery, your doctor will ensure all surgery consultations are scheduled as required
- Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, glucosamine and even mud pack therapies have been shown to help some patients and our experts at the London Pain Clinic are both well-informed and open-minded.
Here at the London Pain Clinic, we’ve helped countless Hip Osteoarthritis suffers put their pain behind them. To begin your recovery with, call 020 7118 0250 or email the London Pain Clinic today.